Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back to the island

I'm back in Mallorca. This time it's September, hot and very sunny (34 degrees currently). Not anticipating an ash cloud incident although I've discovered last week's crew were monitoring Iceland's earthquake activity just in case!

Flight was very good - I'm impressed by Easyjet's efficiency and the valium did not require an accompanying gin. Top marks to the airline.

Hotel good again - no wifi in my room but I have a "penthouse suite" with a big balcony. Did some work out there this morning and it was very pleasant.

Today I had a lie in (10am, 9am UK time) and then we headed for lunch in Santa Ponca bay. There's a big festival going on relating to the invasion of a king from Catalonia and the defeat of the Moors. Last night there was a parade through the resort (with costumes) and a beach showing of Mama Mia, followed by an Abba tribute band. This went on into the early hours, but I slept through it.

So, we have an hour until the students arrive and time for a bit of work. Might need an hour or so at the resort tomorrow to go looking for shorts, since I have definitely brought the wrong mix of clothes (why did I bring a ski jacket?).
Hoorah for summer dresses for Matalan packed "just in case".

No comments:

Post a Comment