Wednesday, April 21, 2010

End of leg 1

We're here in Valencia now. Ferry was fairly straightforward. As I expected, I slept most of the way, waking up on time to see us enter the port. Not exactly the nicest, but I was glad to see the mainland.

We grabbed a couple of taxis to take us across Valencia to the hotel. Valencia seems quite nice from what I saw, although if I ever come again I must remember not to bring a car-they all park in the middle if the dual carriageway instead of a crash barrier it seems!

Abigail & her friend Emma had made it from Salamanca & were waiting in reception, which was a huge relief!

We checked in and went for dinner in the hotel restaurant-nothing special nut a nice enough buffet. My room, however, us fabulous. I've got a separate bedroom & lounge/diner area so 2 televisions! Bathroom us small, but it's perfect for overnight.

Only problem is the room us reduculously hot & the air con doesn't work & window doesn't open !! Sticky.

We had a quick drink after dinner where I had the biggest and mist delicious G n T ever. The girls only had sift drinks, of course and I made sure they got to their room before I came up to bed.

The drivers arrived at 11.15 and said we should leave at 11 tomorrow. They are only allowed to drive for 21 hours before a 9 hour rest, so they leave us at Calais/Dover and another driver collects us.

Am using 3G network to send this so I should be able to update on the way!

Homeward bound!



-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment