Friday, April 16, 2010

End of a long day

Tomorrow by mid-afternoon we will know if we have any students here for next week. If not, then we need to go on Sunday to pack up the observatory. If there are students, they will be low in number and unlikely to have come from the UK in the last day or so. Some staff for next week are on Sunday flights out here.

I (plus Alan and Gillian) are booked on a Monarch flight on Wednesday lunchtime departing at 11.30ish and arriving at Manchester airport at 13.50ish. I can't remember flight number right now. Officially their flight is tomorrow and not yet cancelled, but the likelihood is it will be.

Most students have managed to get flights, but not until during the week, so we're all here for a few more days together. We all went out for dinner tonight, which was lovely (but again to the Meson del Mar and its terrible service). They've gone out for drinks, but I need to crash after the lack of sleep last night/this morning.

I've informed those back at work about not being in next week, but I'm not getting a lot of sympathy - can't imagine why.

My biggest panic is about the show - I'm now going to miss all of the lessons this week, so the first time I will dance in 4 weeks (yes, 4 weeks) will be the dress rehearsal. Not got the elastic sewn into my hats yet. Poo. Andy has been to see Lorraine (I hope) and I've emailed her.

Anyway, the course is now officially over and it seems from now on the blog will be a holiday blog! Time for sleep now - I feel like I deserve it!


No comments:

Post a Comment