Thursday, April 15, 2010

knickers

OK, so air traffic control have closed british airspace until 7am Friday morning, so it's very unlikely I'll be back in the UK tomorrow. But we have a plan. The hotel are officially fully booked from Saturday, however they are only fully booked because of the students coming out here. the majority of these would be coming from the UK, so their rooms are still free for us. If not, the hotel have agreed to put us up in apartments they own across the road.

I knew it was a good idea to pack more clothes than I actually needed, but I am out of knickers so am washing them with hand wash in the sink and drying them on the balcony - LOL.

There is a possibility that some students may already be here, or be coming from other parts of Europe. In this case, staff need to be here to tutor them. As the staff for next week are in the UK, we might need to stay a few days anyway. We don't know yet.

I need to keep an eye on the monarch website to see what's happening with my flight. If anyone here's anything can you please let me know by text. I have all my flight details here and will be checking the update from NATS at 8pm (BST). I'll put a link to this on the blog, plus the monarch website.

Good job I am doing this blog, isn't it?

Anyway, we're doing planetary landing sites tonight and the boys are busy planning what they are doing. No one seems too fazed to be stuck here for a few more days - there are worse places we could be. There's a beach and free wifi, and I brought some work that I dind't get around to. The students are asking if they will be able to have another observing night in saturday if they are stuck....would be nice.

I'm just a bit worried about the show. I will be cancelling my tutorial as its not fair to keep the students hanging on just in case.

I'll update with more news in a bit - we're heading up to the observatory for the final (official) night.

1 comment: