Friday, April 16, 2010

Faulty Towers

So I got to bed looking forward to a sleep until 2pm, but at 12.03 (3 minutes after my original check out time) I got a phone call from reception telling me to vacate my room. Seems the message didn't get passed between reception staff that I wasn't going anywhere and to leave me. They wanted to know when I would be going, but of course it's impossible to say!! I wouldn't mind so much, but this was exactly what was behind the hassle last night. So I've had 3.5 hours sleep. Great.

Flight is officially cancelled and so is my tutorial. The regional office in Oxford are ringing the students for me. We sent 3 emails to the travel agent that booked our flights, and are yet to hear anything from him. We can't change our flights as he booked them for us......

I'll know in a couple of hours whether we're being asked to stay on for the week or not, but I'm getting increasingly concerned about the show. I'll email Lorraine next to explain the situation so far. I practised each dance in the observatory cafeteria at 2.30 am so at least I've run through them once in 3 weeks (it'll be 4 if I don't get back by Tuesday).

We have our final debrief session at 3pm in the hotel bar after which time I am officially not at work. The sun is shining (blazing actually), which is good news. The boys last night really got into the landing sites project, so I'm pleased it ended on a high note. I got a very good report on my own performance over the week, so I am happy.

I'll let you know what's happening when I know myself.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent news on the feedback and it does sound like you've had a good week. Hope they manage to sort out hotel and flights - it's bad enough one of them is uncertain but both!!
    Enjoy the sun - it's bright here but not as warm!

    ReplyDelete