Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Impossible! Sunshine, sand and a full dance troupe??

Well today has been hectic. Our last day in Mallorca (hopefully) and I'm feeling much better. We went for a quick breakfast then I was spurred into action having discovered the other 35 passengers on our coach from Valencia were no longer booked. I forwarded all the details to Gill from dancing in the hope that her daughter Abigail and her friends stranded in Salamanca could get to Valencia and join us. Poor girls are stuck there with no teachers or parents after being to a Spanish language school, and it seemed silly since they wanted back to MK too.

Anyway, it seems 3 of them are coming (3 are staying put), plus a teacher and her family from the school that were staying near Valencia (lucky). Her school have spoken to the OU and the coach company. The coach company wanted to change £300 per girl - rip off. I think that's sorted now though.

Anyway, not being one to shirk away from an impossible task, I am hoping this means my whole dance troupe will be there on Saturday night. I've told Lorraine what we're trying to do, but I'm certain she won't believe it as it seems unbelievable even to me!!!

Meanwhile, we took advantage of not having to sort out our own travel arrangements, and headed to the beach. I bought a couple of buckets and a spade, and we built some sandcastles. they spell out SOS SXR208 (that's our course code). A couple of the students came to join us, which was great and we finally relaxed. With a bit of luck I might have caught some sun too!!

We're off for our "staff meeting" now (i.e. to finish off the Cava from the planetarium) then our for our final dinner here.

1 comment:

  1. Yey!Will you and Abigail be practising your steps on the coach and ferry!?!! ;)
    All the best for the road trip!!xxx

    ReplyDelete